Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Communication About Overheating

Hi Jon, My name is Mike XXX and I purchased some of your products a few weeks ago. I have built one so far and installed it in my 2000 suburban along with a map enhancer purchased on ebay. I been having a problem with overheating and melting the tower, shorting out and blowing fuses. I have lessened the baking soda to 1/8 tsp from 1/4 tsp. Thought may be that could be the problem. And also the water does not last very long. Would you have any suggestions what to do next. Many thanks. Mike XXX

Hi Mike - A couple of things you can look at:
  • check to see that you system isn't wired into the alternator in some way
  • check to see that you don't have the poles reversed (two strand wire on the Positive side instead of the Negative)
What you're experiencing has to do with too much juice flowing through those wires. I had some similar stuff happen that I ultimately cured by using two Electrolyzers connected in series. - And that series part is all important since it reduced the 12 volts to 6 each across the two units. Once I did that I was able to use as much a 5 teaspoons of Baking Soda per unit with no overheating.

Because this is such a common experience to everyone I've decided to post our conversation to the blog.

Take care Mike and please let me know your results.

Best,

Jon

No comments: