Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Keeping it Real

The MPG represented by this receipt is 24.82 so let's call it 25 to be fair. The problem is that I should have done much better and I'm not being picky here... some of this was highway driving and admittedly some of it was being trapped in the middle of a traffic jam, but - come on! Once again I'm going back to square one to see what the problem is, and I would think that it darn well has something to do with the computer taking over once again. Maybe it finally figured out that I have the Oxy Sensor out of the system and so I'm suffering with the heretofore predicted dire results. In the meanwhile water4gas is sending out tantalizing emails about the end of such problems. Four days ago I (along with the rest of the w4g community) received a message from Ozzie Freedom. Here's a bit of that message...

copy/paste from ozzie begins:...to let you all know that this is exactly what myself and Water4Gas are making. I know many of you have been waiting for the “panacea” to all on-board computer problems, so I am 100% dedicated to getting this device fine tuned and released for public to use in a matter of weeks.

I am working on a device that can be built and installed at home that will simply take the data from a standard Scan Gauge or similar computer, then use this information to send many signals to the vehicles’ fuel injection system which will in turn bypass the ECU completely. Thus giving us complete control of the fuel-air ratio and allowing the Water4Gas system to do its job, uninterrupted.

I will let you know next week of a website that will follow up on these developments. You can give me your input and help us create this solution.

copy/paste from Ozzie ends

Frankly I can't wait because this other route is something of a pain.-) not like I'm not having a good time though.

The other fly in the ointment at the moment is ongoing promise of the Free MarketPlace being up and running better, stronger and faster - while what we have now is something more difficult to navigate, and really quite daunting for casual computer users. Hopefully this will be solved soon.

One final comment - on comments: I have only had to take action on one posting so far, but please know that unless something is simply offensive I have no intention of deleting any comment of any sort from this site. Within the bounds of the subject at hand - everyone has the right to say what they want to say. I would however like to remind everyone that it's pretty important to stick with sharing from our experience as opposed to what we believe, or think we know, or have heard about from someone else etc... My reasoning is that when we share our experiences we are taking a different route than what has happened on other sites that are full of conflicting information. At least if someone has the experience and someone else has an opposite one - then we can all try to look at the variables that brought about what appears on the surface anyway to be paradoxical. We are all looking for real solutions that the rest of us can duplicate, and I thank everyone who has contributed to the success of this blog by posting what they've gone through in getting the technology to work properly on their individual vehicles.

No comments: