Sunday, May 18, 2008

Bingo!


I thought it only fitting to show the figures on the pump when I completed my fill-up this afternoon. Again this doesn't prove anything but I thought to show it would be better than not.


What I do notice on all of the receipts that they never fail to tell me to have a nice day and the reality of that is pretty much to give me a kiss with it - if you know what I mean...

The next photo is the one that I think that you'll agree - makes a difference.




...and there you have it.

69.7 miles divided by 2.666 =
26.1 mpg
in my 1997 H0nda Civic that currently smokes a bit in the mornings, but has otherwise been a fine car. Very zippy. It's a stick shift and as you can see it only has 85 thousand miles on it. Here's a little something that I figured out.

If I can get 26 mpg instead of 21 (and it's pretty clear that I can) - that will mean that for every full tank of 13.6 gallons I will be able to travel an extra 68 miles per tank which represents a savings of nearly $10.50 per tank at the price I paid today $4.02 - oh sorry right - that's $4.01 and 9/10ths - and all this time I've been fooled by that oh so very clever pricing statement.

Please note that I've not yet taken a road trip, and it's pretty clear that mileage on the highway should be significantly better - right? Yes, I am excited and have started to to work with a mechanic here in my neighborhood who will supply me with shop space to install these systems into cars right here in NYC.

I will continue to post mileage stats here at each opportunity. I promise to report both the good and the bad, although so far I've only experienced the good.

New York City - We have lift off!

No comments: