Friday, May 30, 2008

Ahmmm Er Ah ...Hmmm

My last tank of gas (a couple of days ago) netted me even less mileage that the one before that (like 18mpg!). Frankly it was so bad that I wanted to lie about it here - but that's not what this is about is it? Really, if I'd not seen the initial results I'd be in the dumps about this... However, I've been in contact with the people on the w4g forum and they assure me that all is well and that what has happened is that the computer in the car has detected the fact of something that it sees as being a problem re: I AM NOT USING ENOUGH GAS! - so it is working to compensate. Crazy no? Well, what I've done to test this out is I disconnected my negative terminal on the battery for 30 minutes and then reconnected. This is supposed to reset the computer. In the meanwhile I've ordered the MAP sensor and await its arrival. That device is supposed to take care of the problem once and for all and enable the car to make even further use of the HHO device. I'll keep you informed...

J

If you want to check this technology out for your self - this is the link

2 comments:

Unknown said...

This is your first mention of disconnecting the negative terminal on your battery for 30 minutes. Why do this, when do you need to do this, and what does it accomplish?
---
Darrell in Denver

Jonathan Ellis said...

Disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 30 minutes will reset the computer on your car. I found the need to do this when I the good results I'd experienced one week had disappeared in the following week. What happened to me has happened to others and the explanation is that the car's computer sees that the car is running too lean and makes an adjustment that we obviously do not want. The solution? Reset the computer. BTW - since this posting I have heard of a new way to reset that takes less time: remove both battery cables from the battery and touch them together for 20 seconds for the same result.