Thursday, August 28, 2008

So Now What?

I have to say in spite of what I said yesterday that I'm a bit put off that my mileage didn't increase. Given that I have 5 tsps of Baking Soda - in theory I should be developing more HHO. If that's true then what's happening to it? I just went out and double-checked to assure myself that they are no air leaks. There are none. My thoughts go once again to the MAP Enhancer adjustment - I did turn the City dial up from 10 to 12. Now I'm wondering if I should go back to 10 or maybe 8 or 9. Maybe it's that counter intuitive thing again? Another possibility is that I've now squeezed all the HHO value out of two Electrolyzrs that my car can put to use. Given that I hate that possibility - I think that I'll attempt the tuning of the MAP Enhancer - I'm thinking 8, and am open to suggestions.

Also I want to point out that the disconnection of the Oxygen Sensor in my particular car did not cause any of the problems that have been proposed as potential drawbacks. It is possible (and even probable) that this result has as much to do with the original computer configuration of my '97 Honda Civic as with anything else. All I know is that the disconnection of the Sensor has worked wonders for me.

Moving on...

NOTICE: I'm now actively looking to buy a PVC Enhancer and I'd like a recommendation for a vendor to buy from. At this point you all know the kind of person I'm looking for. It's okay to recommend yourself, and it's okay to post whoever you'd like to recommend - including a site address - as a comment to this (or any other post in this blog). The only time that I will ever remove such a post is if I discover through feedback or experience that the vendor does not fully support their products and/or their customers. If I ever need to take such an action I will not point out that they have been removed, nor will I further identify them here - since I do not support tactics of accusation - I will simply make that listing go away.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, Jon, from what I gather, the PCV enhancer is just simply a basically (very basic!) modified inline filter for an air compressor. You know, the type that collects water from the hose so it doesn't end up in a paint sprayer or pneumatic tool.

The modifications are, that instead of a flow through type system, you are actually making it lower than your PCV so water can drain to it. Then your are replacing the water filter screen with large stainless BBs to water will condensate on them.

I haven't built one yet, but DYI should save some money in the short run, and you'll have something else you can experiment with. Even though there aren't too many variables to change, it is possible to add two of them in series to your PCV vaccuum line and such.

Speaking of which, have you considered running your two canisters in parallel (vaccuum-wise) using a simple maifold of sorts. The new documentation from W4G has redesigned this, so you are actually putting a bubbler line into each canister and each one outputs to the HHO line rather than "leap frogging" in series from one canister to the other. I was hoping to see some real world experiments in this as I'm not actually a W4G subscriber so I don't have access to their tech support or forums.

All of my info is second hand from guys like you who are already playing with it.

My soon to be constructed system will be in a 2006 F-150 V6 that is currently getting 18 MPG. I'll be putting a 6-pack type design in it. And when I start I will be going through a blog entry setup like yours. I'll let you know when it's up so you can follow me too. (yeah I know shameless plug)

Jonathan Ellis said...

Hi Aric - you're of course absolutely correct - I could build my own PCV Enhancer, but the fact is that I want to buy one first. I want to see what someone else has constructed before I venture off into anything I might design for myself. It just happens to be my way of doing things. It's what I did about an Electrolyzer when I started - I bought one that was complete. It just happens that I need to see something physically in order to imagine anything beyond the original idea. I'm a hands-on 3-D person - which might well have something to do with my sculptural and mold-making background.-)

As far as your completely shameless plug. It's all good.-) Plug away. Come back and share your results with the rest of us including the address of your new blog.

Unknown said...

On Sun, Aug 31, 2008 at 3:21 PM, Ben Wilson wilsonbb30@yahoo.com wrote:

Hey Jon,
I've been reading your blog. You will reach a thresh-hold very early while adding baking soda as your catalyst. You might think that the more soda you add = more HHO. not true. the soda will only increase the ability of the electricity to separate the water - to a max point which is around the 3/4 tsp to 1 tsp. adding more baking soda will only do one thing after that point - increase your current draw. the way to break more water into HHO is by having more wire -- which your towers are immaculate Jon. They don't come any cleaner or more perfect than yours. don't change your towers, just add more jars. check your current/amp/voltage draw. you might be straining your alternator. what i am doing to achieve more HHO is multiple jars. i have 5 right now and will be planning for up to 24 on 4 different individually wired systems. those will be mounted in the truck bed.

also i wired and bolted my electrical connections just as you do in your latest video. Great video by the way - huge help. i found that using small rubber washers on top in place of the lock washer - it eliminates leaks around the posts that might be causing vacuum loss. also eliminating the need to glue the posts and nuts in place. this makes for easier servicing down the road - you can remove the tower completely and re-wire if needed.

however i am finding the same frustrating problem you address about the jar lid not sealing tight enough. i used an oil filter wrench to put a little torque on the lid and it helps, but I'm in search of the gasket you found to fit the inside of your jars.

A word of caution - it was suggested to me that I try lighting the end of the hose to see if i get a blue flame. bad idea. here's why, Hydrogen burns 10X faster AND 10X hotter than gasoline. There won't be a flash, there won't be a flame, there will only be a lot less of the person standing closest to the jar. Hydrogen is extremely explosive, which is why it works great in your engine. Do not light it, or smoke while working with it. Make sure that your jar wiring is hooked up to be absolutely OFF while your car is off. No Juice, No power, No bubbles while your car is off. This is extremely important.



Thank God In Everything, No Matter What The Circumstances May Be, Be Thankful And Give Thanks, For This Is The Will Of God For Those Of You Who Are In Christ Jesus.
1st THESSALONIANS 5:18
Amplified Bible

Your Brother in Christ,
Ben Wilson

Florida Horseman said...

jon- Regarding "leaks" in the cap: you should not be losing any gas while the electrolyzer is in operation with a running engine unless there's something the size of a full-blown puncture in the cap. The system is under a VACUUM and minor leaks around the fittings will draw some air INTO the jar, probably at a rate less than or equal to what the bubbler cap already does. But HHO gas won't be going out. If those leaks are at a volume affecting the system, you should also get symptoms of a leak in the vacuum system, like an erratic or rough idle.

Also keep in mind that normal replentishment of the electrolyte and/or continuously opening the jars to tinker with electrolyte amounts is going to wear on the vacuum hoses, too. You may want to keep some spare pre-cut lengths on hand for when those hoses start to go on and off a little too easily. ~FH