Thursday, July 24, 2008

On the Road Again


Well yesterday was the big day. I installed the newest of the new MAP Enhancer's and took the opportunity to essentially start all over again with my set up. The first thing I did was to pull the negative cable from the battery so that the computer could reset while I worked on everything. Although I have mentioned that I've been told that removing both cables and touching them together would do the same trick - I figure that since I have the time to use the tried and true "traditional" method - why not?

The phenomenon of the nearly magnetic attraction of this technology became apparent within about 4 minutes of the time I popped the hood - I was joined by three guys, a woman and a Cocker Spaniel from the neighborhood. Everyone wants to know what's going on with the gadgets in my car. Of course this comes along with people who think that they know stuff like how to connect wires. I had to explain several times to one of my pals that I was connecting the two units in series, and that I really meant to do it that way...-)

The image above shows the new installation in action. That little crate thing I put the Electrolyzers in came from the Dollar Store (although it cost like $3.00) and gave them a pretty stable platform to put them on after I took a pair of cutters to it to give me room for the air intake duct leading to my injector. I'm placing another closeup image here since I'm pretty proud of myself at this moment. You'll see lots of indications showing the Positive and Negative terminals since I didn't happen to have any red and black paint around (not that it did me all that much good when I had it before.

Here's a hint about putting the angle fitting(s) in the cap to accept the vacuum line(s): each end of the fitting has a kind of lip or barb around the edge making it very difficult to push through the hole. So take a pair of shears or a wire cutter and cut just above that lip and then push it through the hole. Ozzie's books show that a 1/4 inch nut is twisted down over that inner piece sticking downward through the cap. I found it much better to use a lock washer for the purpose to holding it firmly in place before sealing with Goop.

I must admit that felt exceptionally confident with what I was doing this time around in that I personally built my Electrolyzers. Not only that, but these Electrolyzers contain laser-cut and notched towers that I personally designed, 316L wire that I personally braided and lovingly wrapped on each one, and the laser-cut caps topping everything off were those that I produced as well. Each item attached to the cap was one that I personally attached and sealed with Goop. What I am saying here is that I know that these are exactly what they need to be. I am not relying on anyone else for the physical condition of these Electrolyzers. Why is that important to me? Have you read the earlier posts in this blog? Everything is important. Each small component, each procedure, each element is meant to be perfect in its own way. Does this mean that I can't goof? Again, I ask if you've read earlier posts:-) The thing is that I do learn from my mistakes. The last one cost me $60.00 and it was worth every nickel. If it had cost me $6000.00 I must admit I might feel differently. Nevertheless my lesson has been learned and I know to be careful with each and every part. The information in the Water4Gas books is meant to be our guide, but I'm pretty sure that I can't be the only one who thinks that I can go along and easily do what's been described, but doing it my own way (an example of this is that I tried other glues in place of Goop. Just FYI Gorilla Glue and Silicone do not work properly as sealers) and expect to get the described results. It's in my nature to explore the boundaries and expand beyond what I already know. The truth however is that it's important for me to know the basics before I move ahead with my brilliant ideas. Ozzie has provided an amazing blueprint for us, but that's a jumping off point and we all know it. My issue generally stems from thinking that I know everything before I really know it. Still all in all I'm having a blast. The progress I've made in understanding how my car works and what certain things are supposed to do is remarkable in just two months - especially considering that when I put my first Electrolyzer in the car I had to as my mechanic what the vacuum lines looked like. So far so good.

I'm going to head out and fill the tank so that I can get an accurate measurement on the results.

No comments: