Friday, July 18, 2008

Life is Indeed Strange

As you know I've been going through every possible craziness as I move along in my quest for mileage. At this point I have a pretty clear understanding that my MAP Enhancer on the Highway setting somehow had a dead short. I also want to make this clear. I sent off a note to Mr. Minton, the man I purchased my Enhancer from and within an hour or so he called me on the phone. Again he demonstrates his integrity, and is sending a replacement. He will also pull the device I've been using apart so that he can find out what went wrong. As far as I can tell this could have happened to anyone. Nevertheless it's happened to me, and in the interests of telling everything - I feel obligated to tell this as well. To put this in perspective I recently sold 100 of the towers to one of my customers in North Carolina. I received a call from her and she told me that 34 of the towers would not go together without splitting. I immediately sent out replacements. She told me that it seemed as though some of the tower pieces were thicker than others and I wondered aloud how that could possibly be. Well as it turns out she was right! and for the very first time ever I was wrong:-) Can you believe it? - Seriously though, as it happens, when very large shipments of sheet Plexiglas come in they can be ever so slightly different in thickness, and that is exactly what happened - the towers that she received were partially made from one run of the sheets, and the rest from another. The point it is that weird things happen, and all we can do is make sure that no one suffers from those occurrences. I took care of the problem for her and Vernon is taking care of the problem for me. When we come together as people of honor there is no fault, no blame - only solutions.

Now about that receipt you're looking at above - I got 23.37 MPG without the Electrolyzer or the MAP Enhancer working! The only thing I had going for me was the Oxygen Sensor Spacer. The gain I've been getting for the last several fill-ups apparently is from that device alone. What a surprise that turns out to be - especially since, as I mentioned in an earlier post, the next move I intend to make once I install the new MAP Enhancer - is to remove the sensor from the system altogether - to allow the Enhancer to control the amount of gas being used. I still intend to do that and let the results fall where they may. We shall see. We shall see.

No comments: