Saturday, June 14, 2008

And Now For Something Different

The conversation below is a direct Copy/Paste from my email. I figure what the heck. Everyone makes their own decisions based on how they feel anyway. So make your own decisions. Everyone is welcome to comment. Please keep it relevant and relatively clean. - Jon

CHRIS:
I just wanted to mention that I read and enjoyed the entire blog that you posted (well most of it lol it is very extensive). I noticed that you have for sale the Plexiglas towers and I was wondering if you build them or are advertising for someone else. I actually manufacture the MAP Sensor Enhancers and sell them on eBay and now I am creating my own website. I was wondering if you would be interested in somehow linking to me or even putting a picture of mine on there or something? Basically I would like to work out some kind of deal where I can sell my MAP Sensor Enhancers on your site. I am not a big corporation just a hometown guy with a passion for electronics. I have been into the HHO stuff for a while and the MAP Sensor Enhancers have helped fund my business. Anyway let me know if you may be interested and regardless I will keep reading your blog.

Thanks, ~Chris

JON: I really do appreciate your kind words, but the fact is that I do not know you, nor can I vouch for the quality of your work or your personal integrity. And I am not in the business of advertising for others. Rather I am attempting to create a base of real information about something that, on the surface anyway, has every appearance of some kind of a scam. You an I know that this is not the case, but if I begin to post ads for others I'm afraid that it might skew my credibility. You do however sound exactly as if you are what you say you are. Meaning that you sound OK to me - and I'd like to support your efforts... Tell you what I will do, for the time being anyway, is this : I am willing to post a copy/paste of both sides of this conversation into the Water4Gas Report. Also, pass me the link to your website and give me permission to post your email address and I will put them up. Send along a photo if you like. What will happen after that is that I'll tag our conversation including your name and site name and invite others to post their experience with you. If that sounds fair just reply to this email with the information. Once I've received your email I will copy everything and post it.

In answer to your question - I personally designed these towers, cut the original prototypes, and have contracted directly with a friend of mine - who is the manufacturer.

Cordially,
Jon

CHRIS: That sounds great to me. I appreciate the help. My website is http://gvec.net/dbitsis/ and it is under construction sort of as I have just started it. It should mostly be there and I will be adding to it everyday. If you personally ever need to buy any MAP sensor enhancers or anything else I will be selling then we can definitely work out a deal. Attached is a picture that you can put somewhere if you would like. Again I thank you for the help as I am trying to get off the ground and off of ebay because it seems unfair the amount of fees they take from me. My name is really Daniel Bitsis, I just go by my middle name Chris since I am a junior.

Thanks, ~Chris

4 comments:

Unknown said...

What brought me to your site was your plexiglass tower cores, but I'm enjoying your blog. I've recently purchased the water2gas books and am slowly digesting the information. I want to start gathering the material, which is what brought me to your site. A question for you, why do you offer the towers in 2 thicknesses? Any advantage of one over the other? Which one do you use?

Thanks for doing your part by providing these handy tower cores.
---
Darrell in Denver

Jonathan Ellis said...

Hey Darrell: Thanks for commenting. Glad you're enjoying my pain:-)as I stumble along... Seriously though the reason that I offer the two thicknesses is that while the 1/4 inch is what is typically what is called for - I discovered that because the plastic only sits out from the center of the tower about an inch on each side there's really not that much give. Both thicknesses are quite durable. They are both the exact same material - cut to the exact same specs (other than the slit which allows them to join together), and both accept the wires quite well. The only thing about the 1/8 inch that I can report is that while bending the wires around the tower itself you will find a bit more give and the plastic bends a little - however that bend readily springs back once the task is completed. I believe that the lessor cost makes the 1/8 inch a perfectly attractive selection without any drop in quality. So far I've not had one person using them report any problem of any kind. And if that were to happen (and I'd expect them to do so publicly - here on the blog) I would certainly rethink that size. I do use them myself.

Unknown said...

Hi Jon,

Tonight I had the opportunity to wrap the 2 towers I purchased from you, the 1/8" thickness. The first one developed a small crack but it seems to be workable. The second one, unfortunately, split apart in 2 places, rendering it useless. I'll be ordering another tower from you, but this time I'll go with the 1/4" thickness, and I would probably recommend that to other people. I don't think the savings is worth the hassle of trying to work with the 1/8" thickness.
---
Darrell in Denver

Jonathan Ellis said...

Hey Darrell - This is first I've heard of this problem. I've wrapped quite a lot of these and did not encounter it myself. I'm not sure what happened with yours, but I do have your address and will be sending you a 1/4" tower at my expense. You should receive in a couple of days.
My goal is to make it easier not more difficult, so I'm truly sorry this occured.

Jon