Monday, June 16, 2008

I hate to say this, but...

As I've mentioned before I do feel a desire to lie at times like these. I want this to work. When it does work I'm totally jazzed about it. I don't want to report that I'm having a problem. I want to inflate the figures so that this technology will appear to be working better than the results that I am currently experiencing would indicate, but I'm not going to do it! The reality is what it is. As you can see I got approximately 19.6 MPG. Again this is less than I get with no enhancement of any kind. Am I frustrated? YES! Will I give up? No because the fact is that I've seen it work with my own eyes and I expect to see it again. Clearly, I'm doing something wrong and I will get the information that I need to do it right. I happen to be a very persistent person.

In the light of the above I've posted the following in the W4G forum: Ok now I'm totally baffled. I have the MAP Enhancer installed, and can actually hear the difference when switching between "Factory" and "Enhanced." I have a spacer in the upstream Oxygen sensor. I've reduced the amount of baking soda in the electrolyzer to 3/4 tsp. I've made sure that my vacuum lines are as open as possible (cut back the "T's" and reamed them out) - And my mileage is back to 19 MPG! Remember that without any H.H.O. device I was getting 21 MPG... I don't mind being the guinea pig, but I'm actually wasting fuel at a time when that should be considered to be a sin.

I will post the answers here and I will peruse any viable solution and post those results as well. BTW - I filled the tank before hitting the highway yesterday and the round trip was 22.6 miles. At this point I don't know if there was a gain of any kind, but I just thought I'd let you know that that mileage will be included when I post the next results.

UPDATE (a few hours later): I just received this answer to my query:
I hope you don't mind me putting in my $0.27 (inflation). I've followed your posts and you see saw mpg's and frankly, I'm (almost) baffled also. The almost is the reason for this letter. That and the fact that I agree about wasting gas should almost be a crime. Of course, some experimentation is justifyable.

So, the thing is, I have posted about the lids on the H.H.O. units not sealing well, and was wondering if you have checked for this problem?
Remember, though they might have sealed when installed, the plastic lid has a tendancy to warp with heat. I use a water-proof silicone, "Form-A-Gasket", as I feel that it is flexible enough to "warp" with the lid.
As you know, excess air leaking into the jar would have the same effect as a leaky vacuum line, causing a loss of performance and lower mpg.

I so appreciate this guy - a really forthcoming person who is willing to share what he knows. So I just checked my electrolyzer for leaks and what do you know I found one! I am going to take care of that but I do wonder just a bit if it's so much more air leaking in than the bubbler delivers (which admittedly isn't much). We shall see. I continue to wait for other possible answers...


No comments: