Wednesday, June 18, 2008

How to Wrap the Electrode Wires


So yeah. I know that my hands drift out of the screen a few times, but I think that the video is good enough for the time being. I promise to redo it - soon. In the meanwhile please use it and see if it doesn't help you to figure this process out. Personally, I believe in a hands on approach and everyone would best be served by grabbing up a tower and going for it. The worst that could possibly happen would be that you'd do it wrong and have to start over again.

What follows is a copy/paste of a text description of wrapping the electrode wires that I wrote out for one of my clients: at the top of the assembled tower run the first wire through one of the holes there. Do this from the top down so that the looped end (to be attached to the electrode post) is at the top with enough room to make the connection to the post. Begin wrapping the wire - beginning by dropping down a couple of notches. Continue to wrap - skipping every other notch until you reach the bottom where you will push the end of that wire into one of the holes there - and give it a good bend to keep it in place. Repeat the process with the other wire - in the opposite hole on the top and placing it into the notches that you skipped before.. Just remember you're winding in the same direction as the first wire.

Hopefully, between the video (even flawed as it is) and the description you'll find this part of the process relatively easy.

Everyone please feel free to comment, ask questions or make suggestions. - you know the rules:-)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great post.
I am using HTR SS wire 20 gauge - extremely strong.(SS207)
It is so hard and keeps breaking when twisting the wires. Do I have the wrong wire or what am I doing wrong?

Remko

Jonathan Ellis said...

Thanks for the comment - I am sorry to say that - yes Remko, you do have the wrong wire. You need the 316L - please check out this post on the blog http://water4gasreport.blogspot.com/2008/06/on-subject-of-brittle-wires.html

Hope it's helpful,

Jon

Anonymous said...

Thanks Jon, thats what I figured but its the only ss wire I could find. I am up in Vancouver BC.
I'll keep looking or will have to resort to order online.

Remko.

Anonymous said...

Jon,

What do you think of this: I am unable to this time to get a "bubbler". As I understand it this is just to regulate the pressure inside the jar. How about using a radiator drain valve? They are available in several sizes and are able to relief pressure.

Jonathan Ellis said...

Something new has been added! Sounds inspired to me. If it can be adjusted in the way that I'm pretty sure you can - you've got a solution on your hands. I say go for and let the rest of us know your results.
Congratulations.

J

Anonymous said...

hi Jon,
would you answer this..
what is the function of vaporizer?
do i need to install together with the hho system at the car..
please help...

rohde

Jonathan Ellis said...

The function of the vaporizer question results in an either/or answer: If you use the Electrolyzer you do not need the Vaporizer and vice-versa. This information is covered in the book and should be carefully looked at for further discussion.
Best,
Jon